expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, January 18, 2010

Mama Guilt Monday

I can't make sugar cookies. Well, I can, they're just not very good. Even worse, I hate making sugar cookies. They are just one thing I find zero joy in.
The reason I feel any guilt over this is because I cannot imagine making sugar cookies with my kids for all the holidays. There's so many cute things you can do with sugar cookies and I want nothing to do with them. They are so much work.
I guess I feel guilty because making sugar cookies seems like such a motherly thing to do, and I can imagine my kids sitting at the table decorating their own cookies over the years. I think I've made peace with it...for the most part. Maybe one year we can make sugar cookies for Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad, I've never made sugar cookies with my kiddos either. They are just too small yet. All they would do is make a mess!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't feel bad :) my kids LOVE making cookies with me, and they LOVE making sugar cookies.....but I can't do it often. I too HATE making sugar cookies....just so much work, and they usually end up burned. so, usually when I make cookies, they're chocolate chip and variations. Your kids can still help with those. they can help mix the ingredients and drop the cookies on the cookie sheet :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments