expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, April 26, 2010

No Sew Dinosaur Applique

I found this shirt in like-new condition for 50 cents at a garage sale. No stains, just kind of blah...
Since K is sort of obsessed with dinosaurs right now, and I've been itching to try no sew appliques, so this was my chance! It is so easy and took about 1/2 an hour to add some cuteness to this shirt.

Here's how:
  1. Acquire a pattern; draw, print, buy, whatever. I drew mine and here's the pattern (feel free to use it if you think it's cute enough :)
  2. Trace the pattern onto the smooth, paper side of the Wonder Under.
  3. Press the rough side of the Wonder Under to the wrong side of your fabric for about 5 seconds on wool setting. Once the fabric has cooled, cut your shape out. When ready to adhere to your shirt (or whatever you're appliqueing) peel the paper backing off of your shape.
  4. Position the shape on your material with adhesive side down. Cover with a damp press cloth and press on wool setting for 10 seconds or until the press cloth is dry. Directions are also on the Wonder Under packaging. Voila! Cuteness achieved!

I'm linking up to Creative Share Wednesday at the Trendy Treehouse and...


Making

6 comments:

  1. very cute...I just tried applique for the first time and tried to sew around it....didn't love the results...I'll have to try the wonder under instead of what I used....no sew is always better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I love your website and that dino shirt is sooo cute! I host a link up party called TOT TUESDAYS every Tuesday where people share their recipes, crafts and activities for toddlers. I’ve also currently got a giveaway for a Mother Earth scarf at the moment. I hope you’ll stop by:

    http://www.mydeliciousambiguity.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for inspiring me this week on my Tot Tuesdays link up party! I hope you’ll stop by again this week.

    I’m hosting Yummy Mummy Week May 9th-16th and I’ve got a great group of ladies sharing their tips on fitness, fashion, parenting and relationships as well as a giveaway everyday. And I’d love for you to share a story and some photos of how your life and body have changed since becoming a mom. The Link up party starts on Mother’s Day and runs the whole week.

    Have a great week and Happy (Early) Mother’s Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's adorable!!

    Hopping over from Tea Rose Home.

    Rachel
    SewAmbitious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! This is such a nice way to give plain t-shirt a new look! Thank you for linking to my party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing. My name is Cristina and I'm from Portugal. I usually do things in felt and I'm doing (using your pattern) some dinosaurs in felt to use as a birthday favor:
    http://crafts-experiencias.blogspot.com/2011/10/mais-dinossauros.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments