expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Dresser Makeover

After my husband and I were married, we had zero dressers to our names. Being students, we faithfully went to the local DI and found 2 dressers for $35 total. It didn't matter that Nathaniel WP and Town Center had been scratched into one of them...we needed it and it suited our needs. DSCN3664 This dresser became our boys' dresser and has since helped to maintain order in their room...DSCN1169 After seeing so many amazing makeovers on the blogosphere, I felt like this was something I could handle. My hubby hauled the dresser downstairs for me and I spent days sanding to the point of shaky arms and numb fingers.

My boys thouroughly enjoyed the various stages of dresser emptiness!DSCN3742 Walmart has cans of black spray paint for $0.96...really! I bought 3 thinking that would be plenty, ignoring the warnings of so many that you get what you pay for...even with spray paint.

In all honesty, the project was simple but time consuming and tiring. I don't entirely like how it turned out, but my husband did agree that it looks much better. One day, I may have enough desire to repaint the dresser, but for now, it's much less of an eye sore, and for about $3, it's not bad. DSCN3776 DSCN3781

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments